deposit and cancellation charge policy.
At tooth we may take a deposit when you book an appointment, excluding standalone new patient examinations. This will be deducted from your bill for the relevant treatment at your next visit. We understand that things sometimes come up and that you may need to make changes to your appointment. We will always be as flexible as possible with our patients – that’s why the deposit will be refunded if you subsequently cancel the appointment with more than 24 hours’ notice.
However, we reserve the right to retain your deposit in case of late cancellations (any cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice). This may sound strict, but quite simply if you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice it is very difficult for us to rebook your appointment slot or slots which means that we are unlikely to treat another patient in your place. This means that our team will not be treating any patients, but we’ll still have to pay them all and all of our running costs, so we will genuinely be significantly out of pocket!
We will always try to be sensitive to personal circumstances in the event of late cancellations.
Deposit and Cancellation Fee Structure:
- For hygiene appointments we may take the following deposits based on around 50% of full treatment cost:
- Express £20
- Standard £30
- Diamond £40
- 3T £60
- For dental treatments lasting up to 1 hour (excluding new patient examinations when booked in isolation) we may take a deposit of £50 or the full cost of the treatment, whichever is lower.
- For treatments lasting between 1 hour and 90 minutes we may take a deposit of £75.
- For treatments of up to 2 hours we may take a deposit of £100.
- For any treatments lasting longer than 2 hours we may take a deposit amounting to half the cost of the total treatment.
- For specialist appointments (such as implants or specialist endodontics) the deposit required may vary from specialist to specialist, dependent on the stage of the treatment and type of appointment. Full details will be given throughout the treatment plans.